Central Library is not only filled with print and non-print items for everyone, but we also provide an outlet for local artists and artisans to display their work in our gallery space.
1. How often do you display works of art?
- We display work on a rotating month-to-month basis.
- Displays are set up the first few days of the month and then removed the last few days of each month.
2. Where do I display the artwork?
- Pictures and photography can be hung in the main hallway of our gallery space.
- We also have lighted display cases in the lobby of the gallery close to the entrance to the main section of the library.
- You can book display space for our wall and display cases or only for the wall or cases alone depending on availability.
3. Can I sell my artwork?
- The library does not broker any artwork sales.
- All sales of artwork must take place off of library property.
- No monies are handled by library personnel associated with the sale of the artists’ work.
- Items sold during the exhibit must remain for the duration of the show.
4. How do I schedule a showing?
- Fill out a Request to Exhibit form that is available at the library and turn it in at the circulation desk or to the building manager.
- If this is your first showing, you will be asked to provide a couple samples of your work to the building manager. You can schedule a time to bring the pieces in and meet with her or you can oftentimes email pictures. Call Renee at 812-853-5468, ext. 305 for further assistance.
NOTE: The library is not responsible for loss or damage to the works on display. A waiver must be signed before displays are approved.
Click here to view a copy of our Art Exhibit policy.
Click here to print a copy of our Request to Exhibit form.