Central Library has four (4) small study or conference rooms located at the back of the Adult Department for patrons. Ask at the circulation desk if there is a study or conference room open for use, and a staff member will unlock the door for you.
1. How many people can use the room at one time?
- The Sapphire and Amethyst Rooms accommodate up to four (4) people in each.
- The Ruby and Turquoise Rooms accommodate up to eight (8) people per room.
- Attendance cannot exceed the capacity allowed in each room.
2. Can I reserve a room in advance?
- No, the rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.
3. Is there a time limit for using the room?
- No, you may use the room for the time you need under most circumstances. We ask that you take into consideration other patron needs and balance your time accordingly.
4. Can I get a study room early and come back when I need it?
- No, if you request a room then you must use it until you are finished. You cannot leave your materials in the room to hold it while you go to lunch, for example. Items will be removed if no one is present in the room so that others may take advantage of the study space.
Questions? Call 812-853-5468, ext. 301