Frequently Asked Questions – Meeting Rooms
(See pictures & links for policy and request forms at the bottom of page)
1. What meeting room space do you have available?
- The Diamond Room and the Emerald Room holds up to 50 people per room.
- We can also provide one large meeting room by taking the wall down between the two smaller rooms. The capacity for the larger meeting room varies depending on the room set up — theater seating or tables and chairs.
- Attendance at meetings cannot exceed the capacity of the room.
2. Is there a fee to use the rooms?
- No fee is charged for not-for-profit use of a library meeting room, however donations are gratefully accepted. Proof of not-for-profit status is required at the time of booking.
- Private individuals and for-profit groups can book the Diamond or Emerald Room for $50.00 and both rooms combined for $100.00.
3. Can I hold a meeting room while I make my decision about the date and time?
- No, we book on a first come, first serve basis.
- Once you have submitted both the completed room request form and either your not-for-profit paperwork or money, as applicable, we will personally contact you regarding your booking request.
4. Can I book the room when the library is closed?
- Groups must observe the building’s scheduled opening and closing times unless prior arrangements are made.
- Monday through Friday mornings can be booked before library opening hours depending upon meeting room and staffing schedules.
- All groups must be cleaned up and out of the meeting rooms thirty (30) minutes before closing.
5. What is the difference between the Diamond and Emerald Meeting Rooms?
- The Diamond Room has a small kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and small ice machine. There is also a back counter with a sink and an under-the-counter refrigerator in the Diamond Room itself.
- The Emerald Room does not have a kitchenette attached but has a back counter with a sink and an under-the-counter refrigerator in the room itself.
- The Emerald Room has a wall of windows, which helps provide natural light into the room.
6. Do you provide?
- Tables and chairs? Yes, if requested.
- Tablecloths, table settings or decorations? No
- Coffee? Only the machine or urn; you provide the coffee and condiments. (You do use our filters for the Diamond Room because the machine uses a larger size than regular.)
- Extension cords or power strips? No
- Tape or pins for hanging? No, taping or pinning items to walls is not allowed except for using the cork strip along the top of the white board.
- Can we use candles? No, unless it is battery operated–no flames allowed.
7. Are the rooms equipped for business meeting purposes?
- Yes, we have equipment available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Wi-Fi capabilites
- Data display projector and laptop
- TV monitor with dvd/vhs player
- Overhead projector for transparencies
- Dry erase markers
During our planning process for the building of Central Library, one of our goals was to provide accessible meeting spaces for groups in the heart of Ohio Township. Today, our meeting rooms are widely used by many individuals and groups throughout the community.
Call 812-853-5468, ext. 305 for further assistance.
Click here to download a copy of our meeting room policy.
Click here to download a Request for Meeting Room Use form.